Tuesday, 24 August 2010

I did something amazing today...

I gave blood.

Utterly irrelevant to the blog I know, but I was shocked at how few people there were there to donate this time.

If you're not already a donor, why not?


  1. I tried to give blood a few months ago, unfortunately they barred me for life because I had a blood transfusion following surgery about 11 years ago, it's something to do with an increased risk of cjd.

    well done you, it's a great thing to do, but i have to say that the day i went i was very impressed with how many people were there, maybe the bad weather had something to do with the low turn-out today?

  2. At least you went and have a valid reason for not being able to donate. The information folder they give you when you're signing in says that 96% of the population rely on the other 4% to donate blood.

    That's a shocking statistic.

  3. Well done you. It's something I've always wanted to do but I'm just not brave enough. I 100 per cent know that I'd pass out - I've fainted before having a flu jab! In fact, just thinking about it is making me queezy!
    The Wimp