Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sponsorship of a different kind

I recently did the Great North Bike Ride. A 57 mile bike ride down the North East coastline for which I managed to raise a respectable £250 in sponsorship. I've also managed to coerce a couple of the BDT girls into doing a 17 mile hike through the Peak District in November for which we're seeking sponsorship too.

But yesterday someone agreed to sponsor me in a completely different way. I went through to Morpeth to buy some stationery in preparation for my multiple studies starting any day now and knew before I even got to the shop that I was going to buy an Oxford A5 notebook. I had bought one last year and was really impressed with it. I know that's a strange thing to say about paper, but this particular notebook is excellent. It's spiral bound, perforated AND pre-punched, quite a rarity for an A5 pad, and to top it all off they do this special Optik paper which is super-white and has a satin finish which makes it perfect for writing on both sides (something I've always done and get annoyed when I see other people wasting half their paper). I love A5 pads too as they're easier to carry around and I often find that because my handwriting is quite small a whole A4 page of notes is just too much for my feeble little brain to cope with so A5 is easier for me to take in.

After admiring my new notebook I decided to email the company and plead my studies and so I am now very proudly sponsored (in stationery) by Oxford. Some products are on their way for me to try out so keep eyes peeled for reviews.

In the mean time though, W H Smiths and Tesco currently have offers on the range so if you're in need of any stationery for studies or the office I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment